5 Best #Nutrition #Apps Rated (abbreviated from 10 Best)
In this era of heightened interest in health, exercise and fitness there are many tools to help ensure that the road to success is a smooth and stress free.
5 Best Nutrition Apps
The Fooducate app is a great nutrition information source and provides the latest health and food facts. It also uses your camera to scan product barcodes so that you know exactly what your food choices contain, from calories to ingredients. Take advantage of the exercise and fitness tracker, too. All this, for free!
- Calorie and Exercise tracker
- Community support element
- Barcode scanning option
- Some valued options only available in a premium version
This app is a multidisciplinary approach to great health. Upon entering a user profile, a plethora of information opens up, uniquely designed to meet individual needs. Calorie counter, exercise support and great recipes (new healthy menus posted daily) make for an overall excellent app. Free to get started.
- Information and education for every body type, fitness need and diet goal
- Daily recipe posts
- Calorie and exercise tracker
- Detailed – may be a bit intimidating with so many features.
3. Nom Nom Paleo
- Incredible recipes with calorie information and step-by-step, easy to understand instructions
- Podcast keeps users interactive, educated and up to date
- A holistic approach to health, combining diet and fitness
- Less emphasis on weight loss for those desiring a more focused approach in this area
- No free option
4. Lose It!
- Awesome technology – sync to the Lose It website or even your doctor’s office with your updated blood pressure results!
- Forum provides shared motivation, meal planning and insights
- Daily calorie tracker provides an excellent way for users to stay on top of their overall weight loss goals
- The focus on exercise is fair. The Lose It app may not provide as much in depth information on the relationship between exercise and nutrition.
- For premium application there is an annual fee.
5. MyPlate by LiveStrong
This app chronicles weight loss goals, fitness and tells you not only what’s in basic meals, but provides information on your favorite coffee at Peet’s and best crackers at Trader Joe’s. The point is, there seems to be no task too big or small for this wonder app.
- Individualized exercise development component (build your own circuit course) and mapping features.
- Excellent journals for calorie and exercise tracking
- Nice community forum
- Meal planning and recipes are a bit topical and we’d like to see a little more in-depth nutritional information for each item