Often the switch to telecare–technology used to help caretakers provide treatment to their patients off-site–is portrayed as either a nightmare scenario or a much needed panacea for all our healthcare woes. This widely researched study probes what happens when technologies are used to provide healthcare at a distance. Drawing on ethnographic studies of both patients and nurses involved in telecare, Jeannette Pols demonstrates that instead of resulting in less intensive care for patients, there is instead a staggering rise in the frequency of contact between nursing staff and their patients. Care at a Distance takes the theoretical framework of telecare and provides hard data about these innovative care practices, while producing an accurate portrayal of the pros and cons of telecare.http://books.google.com/books/previewlib.js
#LIVESTRONG.COM 2018 #MyPlate Calorie Tracker #App #ConsumerHealth #eHealth #telehealth #consumerhealthadvice #tophealthapps
Below are credible resources providing additional information for the consumer to complete additional research. These resources will enable the consumer to make a wise decision about the application.
- Garcia, R. (2015a). Utilization, Integration & Evaluation of LIVESTRONG’s MyPlate Telehealth Technology. DOI: 10.13140/RG.2.1.3444.2082. Available at https://www.researchgate.net/publication/273635099_Utilization_Integration_Evaluation_of_LIVESTRONG’s_MyPlate_Telehealth_Technology
- LIVESTRONG.COM. (2018). MyPlate Calorie Tracker Application Official Website. Leaf Group Ltd. Available at https://www.livestrong.com/myplate
- Barrett, S., London, W. M., Kroger, M., Hall, H., & Baratz, R. (2013). Consumer health: A guide to intelligent decisions (9th ed.). New York: McGraw-Hill Education. Available at https://books.google.com/books?id=mZI0AAAAQBAJ
- Garcia, R. (2015b). A Reflective Analysis of LIVESTRONG.COM’s Flagship Tool MyPlate: Telehealth Technology (e-Health & m-Health). Available at https://www.academia.edu/11276418/LIVESTRONG_MyPlate_by_Robelyn_Garcia
- iTunes. (2017). MyPlate Calorie Counter App Store Preview. Available at https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/myplate-calorie-counter/id502317923
- Google Play. (2017). MyPlate Calorie Tracker: LIVESTRONG. Available at https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.livestrong.tracker
- BlackBerry World. (2012). MyPlate BlackBerry Application. Available at https://appworld.blackberry.com/webstore/content/89754
- Senior University Press. (2018). 5 Best Nutrition Health Fitness Apps. Abbreviated from 10 Best Nutrition Apps. Available at https://senioruniversity.wordpress.com
Do you know a #senior with restrictions who needs to exercise but prefers not to leave the house? #Telehealth Senior University Chair Class may be your answer!
Senior Chair Aerobics is a low-impact exercise program designed for individuals with limitations, and who have been cleared to exercise by a primary care physician.
Senior Chair Aerobics with Dr. Ben:
✔️Provides modifications for all abilities;
✔️Incorporates, but does not require, the use of resistive bands and dumb bells;
✔️Is total body, self-paced, and personal;
✔️Includes strength, flexibility, and stability training;
✔️Are 30 minute sessions via FaceTime or Skype
👉🏻Schedule your first session for FREE👈🏻
⭐️Daily early morning classes coming soon!
@rgphd @seniorsports @senioruniversity
#seniors #telehealthy #chairaerobics#lowimpact #geriatric #biogerontology#personaltraining #homehealthcare#holistichealth